The motto here in Texas is:
Texas is like a whole other country! Texas, the second largest state of the United States, is home to the best of everything: intellectual achievement, civic responsibility, artistry, athleticism, cultural diversity, and good old-fashioned know how. From innovative cultural centers to vast wild landscapes, the Texas experience combines the sensory and the cerebral in an exciting blend.
Texas is home to the largest number of Fortune 500 companies in the United States, and is the top exporting state. Over the years, it has diversified its industry base, and it is now a leader in many of the following industry sectors: energy, petrochemicals, computers, electronics, biomedical, aerospace, and agriculture. There is literally a world of opportunities just in this one state and this make Texas a great place for international students to study!
Come study, explore, and enjoy the history and life of the Lone Star State:
- Outstanding educational programs
- Affordable education and living
- Great weather all year round
- Arts and Culture
- Beaches, Mountains and Deserts
- Spirit and hospitality of the Lone Star State
- Enjoy the array of Texas food including Texas barbeque
- Colorful Texas history
- Diverse Texas culture
- Great Sports: Texas is home to the Houston Texans, and Dallas Cowboys of the NFL; the NBA's San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets, and Dallas Mavericks; the Houston Astros, and Texas Rangers of MLB; and the NHL's Dallas Stars; as well as numerous college teams
- Texas style shopping
- True Cowboy Experience: Ranches and Rodeos
Texas Fast Facts
- State Nickname: The Lone Star State
- State Motto: Friendship
- State Song: "Texas, Our Texas"
- State Capital: Austin
- Largest City: Houston
- Area: 268,601 square miles (making Texas the second biggest states after Alaska).
- Major Industries: Petroleum and natural gas, farming (cotton, livestock), steel, banking, tourism
- Main Rivers: Rio Grande, Red River, Brazos River
- State Bird: Mockingbird
- State Mammal (large): Texas Longhorn
- State Mammal (small): Armadillo
- Learn more about Texas by clicking here.